What does an affiliate program or affiliate marketing mean?
Affiliate marketing programs are purely commission-based earnings which the affiliate marketer earns by selling the services or products of another company. This mode of making money on the internet is in vogue since the late 90’s or early 2000’s as it is a simple and transparent moneymaking method. One can start selling products by recommending them on their websites or social media. For instance, if you are operating a website related to health products, you can easily help health companies in increasing their sales by placing a link to their products on your website.
When any of the visitors on your website buys a product by clicking the link provided by you to the host site, you will earn commission. This commission varies as some companies offer 30 percent commission while you can earn up to 70 percent in other cases. Once you become a reputable and a successful affiliate marketer, you are always in a position to negotiate for something better!
Besides all this, you can also participate in money making affiliate programs without making any website and the most common is the article marketing. This method is widely used, but it is not recommended by top-affiliate marketers because it may result in website blockage.
A few tips to keep in mind about “make money affiliate marketing programs”
- I just came by an advertisement that read earn “$5000/day”. Such advertisements sound attractive to a common man, but on the backhand, it is very hard to figure out the truth and reality about such a huge-chunk of money.
- Another important thing to bear in mind is that the gambling sites which offer moneymaking softwares, have no link to money making affiliate programs and you might end-up in complete loss because neither will you earn commission nor will it be of any use. Beware, such softwares are just meant for gambling.
- It is recommended to give a careful online search before using such softwares and always keep in mind that there is no way in this world in which moneymaking is free and easy while, particularly the gambling world is full of fake and fraudulent people. So, it would be good to stay away from gambling sites!
- You can participate special affiliate marketing network, such as ShareaSale, which I really love working with. They have tons of companies they work with and give great deals!
The difference between affiliate marketing and gambling:
What is the difference between affiliate marketing and gambling? Well, it is hard to differentiate but let me explain it through this example. Assume that you are on a gambling site and it asking for $5 for you to start, but in affiliate marketing, it is not the way. The first step in affiliate marketing is to build a website and then post some content on that website with useful information, focusing some information about a specific theme or topic. In this case as well, you should not throw the content haphazardly on the site. Keep the credibility building factor in your mind and stick to the subject about which you know a lot.
It would be much better if you own the products for which you are doing affiliate marketing as your credibility will help you to attract a large audience.
Ways and means to earn via affiliate marketing programs?
- Well, when it comes to earning, particularly through affiliate programs, it totally depends on your experience and abilities. Nobody can tell you how much you can earn. It depends on your ability to attract potential customers.
- Affiliate marketing has developed into a gigantic place for cash starved people over the recent years, but what counts is your skill to attract customers for the product you are selling.
- Affiliate marketing is a very good and easy way to earn money, but it requires effort and time. If you are a quick learner and a self-starter, you will become a successful affiliate marketer in the shortest possible time.
- It takes money, effort and time to build a successful money-making affiliate system but once it is done; it becomes a money-making mechanism. Once you have established this money-making system, you will continue to earn money unless you cheat your loyal customers.
Customer trust and brand credibility:
Affiliate marketing revolves around one phenomenon, i.e., trust and reliability. The stronger is your relation with the customer, the more will they be helpful to you to increase your sales.
First it is your turn to give them solution for their problem in return for their email address. Once you have solved their problem partially, you can ask them to buy your product. If you have been successful in the previous part then your customers will buy from you. Therefore, before you participate in any money making affiliate program, make sure that they are offering something useful to the people or else you will be wasting your time and it won’t be bad if you decide not to promote any product which can have negative impacts on your credibility.
People will never give you their money if they do not trust you. Once you have gained their trust by creating successful products and helping them in solving their problems you can easily up sell or down sell them. This is the right rule for affiliate marketing and it takes time and effort to do so.
Dos and Don’ts for Affiliate Marketing:
There are many dos and don’ts for affiliate marketing.
- Some rule works and others do not. The truth lies between them and it comes with an experiment.
- Do not be afraid to make experiments.
- Affiliate marketing can be done with little investments and you can make huge profits. So, take the risk as risk is involved with any business model.
Affiliate marketing is just like being a sales person in online world. Different techniques are used to attract unique visitors to your site. Visitors are prompted to click on the product link and then according to the visitor activity; you will earn commission. Read here more on building additional and passive income.